With the holiday season quickly approaching, Texins is gearing up for our third annual TI Turkey Trot!
This walk/run is the kickoff event to our holiday Maintain Don’t Gain program. So grab a friend, co-worker or your whole work group and join us at Texins for our fall kickoff event.
If you create a team and trot together, you might be named champions for the “Largest Group!”
· When: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Thursday, November 16th – Run/walk begins at noon.
· Where: Texins Fitness Center
· Cost: $12 for commemorative TI Turkey Trot 2017 lunch in a convenient to-go box.
Register here: TI TURKEY TROT 5k
We hope to see you there!
Looking for something fun to do this fall? Grab your co-workers and friends and join us for the TI Fall Festival on Thursday October 19, from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m at Texins Fitness Center (located on the TI North Campus).
Pop over to Texins after work for games, activities, food, and music including: inflatable billards, soccer darts, corn hole, and more! There will be drawings and challenges where you might walk away with some swag items.
Cost: free for TI employees, contractors, and Texins members
Food: the first 300 attendees will receive a food voucher for a hot dog or veggie dog, chips and a drink (food available for purchase as well).
You’re AWESOME! What an amazing turn out for our 4th annual Tough Texins Obstacle Race! Congrats to everyone that came out and participated!
4th Annual Tough Texins Winners:
Overall Winners/ 1st Place Male: Raul Sola and Alex Wang - 1:55:40
1st Place (Co-Ed): Mario Stanley and Audra Stanley - 2:17: 43
1st Place (Female): Natalie Lizama and Jennifer Carter - 2:30:00 (most obstacles completed)
Tough Texins Fun Facts 2017
· 46 Teams Participated
· 24 Obstacles, 16 Laps, and many challenges conquered!
· Top notch team work exhibited
Photos will be posted shortly on our Facebook group. If you are not a member of our Facebook group you can request to join and we will add you!
It's that time again for the fourth annual Tough Texins Obstacle Course!
Be there or be square: Thursday, July 20th at 6:00 PM
This competitive 4 mile run takes you through a variety of obstacles: from water, sand and slim, to tire flipping and hill climbing. It’s guaranteed to make you sweat and have fun at the same time.
Here’s the scoop:
Where: Texins Fitness Center (outdoor courts and parking lot)
Cost: $30 per participant (the race is completed in teams of 2)
What’s Included: Fourth annual dry fit shift, post-race snacks, Kona ice, top team finisher medals, and tons of fun!
You all rock! What an epic turnout for our 2nd annual TI Triathlon! Congrats to everyone that came out and participated!
2017 TI TRI-Sprint Fun Facts:
· 115 participants
· Avg. completion time was 1:04:36
· Teams – 22
· Individuals – 65
· Multiple high fives given
2nd Annual TI TRI Winners!
1st Place Male : Raul Sola (0:47:12)
1st Place Female: Malgorzata Brothers (0:59:23)
1st Place Team:
Tracey Michelle (Swim), Paul Konrad (Bike), Gavin Michelle (Run) - (0:52:23)
Who is PUMPED for TRI-Sprint photos?!
Check out our Facebook Group page!
(If you are not currently in the group, please request to join and we will add you!)
See you next year!
Channel your inner triathlete at Texins
On May 4, Texins Fitness Center will host TI’s 2nd annual triathlon. The TI Tri-Sprint combines swimming, biking and running into one big event. The Tri-Sprint is open to TIers and Texins members and has twelve convenient start times throughout the day.
Calling all swimmers, bikers and runners
· Race elements: 300-yard swim (6 laps), 13 mile bike ride (spin bike or your own bike and trainer), and a 5K run on the green trail (starts and ends at Texins Fitness Center)
· Race times are 6:15 a.m (sold out)., 6:45 a.m.(sold out),7:15 a.m.,7:45 a.m. ,11:15 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:15 p.m.,12:45 p.m., 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m. 6 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
· Sign up and compete in all 3 events or create a team of 2 or 3 (teams must compete together during the same time slot)
· Trophy and race medals awarded to the overall 1st-place male, female, and team for both categories (spin bike and personal bike with trainer)
· Dri-fit T-shirts are included with registration
· Cost: Individual, $30; team, $75 (price will increase starting April 15th )
Limited space! Only 12 spots per time slot, register for your preferred race time today. Need a partner? We can help pair you up.
Join the fun! Texins hosts 3rd annual St. Paddy's 5K run/walk
Whether you run to win, run for fun, or walk to stay fit, the Texins St. Paddy's Day 5K is guaranteed to be a good time.
On March 9th at noon, Texins Fitness Center will once again combine the challenge of a 5K with the fun of a St. Patrick's Day block party. The event is open to TIers and Texins members.
Here are the details:
St. Paddy's 5K for runners, joggers, walkers
· Starts at noon and follows the 5K green trail around TI's Dallas North Campus.
· Trophy awarded to the largest group participating.
· Commemorative T-shirts and a post-race meal available for $12 total. The meal includes a turkey or vegetarian sandwich, chips, and bottled water.
· Race packets and t-shirts will be available for pick up at the Texins Fitness Center front desk March 6th-8th.
· 5-week training class available at Texins Fitness Center to prepare you for the 5K race. The training class meets Tuesdays & Thursdays 11:30 AM-12: 30 PM February 7th- March 7th . It is complimentary for Texins members and an additional $8 for non-members.
To reserve a T-shirt and post-race meal, register by February 23rd.
You all rock! What an epic turn out for our 3rd Annual Tough Texins Obstacle Race! Congrats to everyone that came out and participated on our course!
Fun facts about Tough Texins 2016:
· 43 teams competed!
· 23 obstacles and challenges conquered!
· Multiple high fives given J
· Mud, sand and soap were everywhere!
3rd Annual Tough Texins Winners!
Overall Winners: Charlotte Sweed & Raul Sola (#22)
1st Place (Male): Barnabe Allouard-Carny & Eric Peeters (#15)
1st Place (Female): Suzanne Awwad & Rachel Garcia (#52)
Who is PUMPED for photos of Tough Texins?!
Tough Texins event photos can be found on our Facebook Group page!
(If you are not currently in the group please request to join and we will add you!)
See you next year!